Premier Jeremy Rockliff and his government failed to answer any of our seven questions today.
He/they failed to answer:
- If Tasnetworks will seek to increase transmission costs adding an extra $70 a year to the average household power bill.
- Why Tasmanians are waiting until June 2025 to get the full payment of the Energy Relief Bill.
- When HIF’s billion dollar efuels plant will get the 400 MW of new wind energy they need.
- Why the government isn’t standing up to Bob Brown’s attacks on renewable energy developments.
- How they’ll deliver a stadium with a roof and built on unsuitable foundations, for $715 million.
- If the stadium will have a roof.
- When the decontamination work at Macquarie Point will be done and that the site of the proposed stadium—will be designated as Level 4 Contamination, the EPA’s highest level.
These are serious questions, yet they are treated with arrogant contempt.
Despite his Energy Minister Guy Barnett being sent to the privileges committee for disobeying an order of Parliament and his government being in minority due to its lack of honesty and transparency, the Premier and his government continue their disrespect for the Tasmanian parliament and the people of Tasmania.
Anita Dow MP
Deputy Labor Leader